Request for Proposals
Muskegon Rotary Grape Escape 2020
The Muskegon Rotary Grape Escape Committee is seeking applications from 501 (c) 3 charitable organizations to be our 2020 Charitable Partner and the beneficiary of $10,000 in funds for direct service programs within Muskegon county that show evidence-based outcomes. Since its inception in 2004, the Grape Escape has raised more than $210,000 for programs that impact our community.
Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria to qualify as our Charitable Partner:
- Provide documentation as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
- Serve Muskegon County
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to participate in the planning and implementation of the Grape Escape through volunteer involvement, donor support, and the operation of the event. To receive the full $10,000 grant, the beneficiary organization must fulfill the obligations enumerated below.
- Provide a camera-ready logo for recognition on all marketing and promotional materials.
- Engage the organization’s Board of Directors and volunteers to promote the Grape Escape within their network through silent auction donations, ticket sales, and attendance at the Grape Escape, Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at the Delta Hotels Muskegon Downtown.
- Assign a representative, either employed by the organization or a member of the organization’s Board of Directors, to attend monthly meetings of the Grape Escape Committee. The Committee meets the first Monday of the month from 5:30 – 7:00 pm at the Delta Hotel.
- Help identify potential sponsors for the 2020 Grape Escape. Sponsors donate a minimum of $500 to support the Grape Escape.
- The Charitable Partner representative and two additional representatives will also be members of the Silent Auction Committee and will attend monthly Silent Auction Committee meetings on a date to be determined by the committee members.
- The Charitable Partner is responsible for securing half of the Silent Auction and Gift Certificate Raffle items (50 items total) and 25 bottles of wine for the Wine Cork Pull.
- The Charitable Partner will help sell raffle tickets for the large raffle drawing.
- The beneficiary organization will provide 25 to 30 volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and staffing for the silent auction and raffle tables during the Grape Escape.
- The beneficiary organization will provide a location for Grape Escape ticket sales and sell a minimum of 50 tickets for the 2020 Grape Escape.
- Please note that we ask all volunteers, including Muskegon Rotary members, who will be working during the event, to purchase a ticket to the Grape Escape. There will be volunteer opportunities which do not require the purchase of a ticket to the Grape Escape event.
Muskegon Rotary will provide the following:
- All management and organization for the 2020 Grape Escape
- Written materials and necessary resources to help the beneficiary organization accomplish its responsibilities
- All event contracts and all State of Michigan required licensing
- All promotional materials for the 2020 Grape Escape
- Handle and reconcile all cash with the assistance of the 2020 Grape Escape Committee
- Sponsors who contribute a minimum of $500 to support the Grape Escape
- Half of the items for the Silent Auction and Gift Certificate Raffle (50 total) and 25 bottles of wine for the Wine Cork Pull
- The Large Raffle prize and tickets for the raffle
- Volunteers and donors for the event through engagement of our 250 + Rotary members
THE FOUR-WAY TEST
Of the things we think, say, or
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
BENEFICIARY ORGANIZATION APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Please complete the two-page application. Page one and portions of page two are fillable PDF documents. Please submit your answers to the questions on the Narrative Application on your agency letterhead and use no more than two additional pages to address the four Project sections.
Applications should be sent to the Selection Committee: Ginny Sprague, Chairperson, Charitable Partner Selection Committee, via email (email@example.com) by 5:30 pm, Friday, March 13, 2020.
Applicant organizations with ties to the Muskegon Rotary Club will be strongly considered as a form of community engagement that meets our organizational mission to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
We will notify the successful applicant organization no later than Wednesday, April 15, 2020, and
Announce the Charitable Partner to the Muskegon Rotary Club at the following meeting.