New Rotary Position Sought
ROTARY CLUB OF MUSKEGON
The primary role of the Club Coordinator (CC) is to serve as administrative support for the Board of Directors and its members, District 6290, and Rotary International. The CC is responsible for managing all day to day functions required to operate the Rotary Club of Muskegon successfully and for resources for members of the Club. The Club Coordinator will be directed by and directly reports to the President of Muskegon Rotary Club, and the Board of Directors.
The Club Coordinator shall:
- Schedule weekly luncheon meetings at the Lake House, Delta Hotel Muskegon Downtown, or an alternative location if required.
- Scheduling includes conferring with the Directors of Catering for the Lake House and the Delta Hotel Muskegon Downtown or caterers for other venues for all special arrangements, menus, audiovisual equipment, reservation of meeting rooms, etc. and oversee room preparation.
- Annually, in consultation with the president and the Board, request yearly contracts with vendors for budget preparation.
- Assist the badge coordinator as requested.
- Place orders for all required certificates, plaques, and supplies for club meetings and members.
- Assist the president with preparation and distribution of agenda, minutes, and financial reports.
- Assist the sergeant at arms with any Board related duties.
- The club coordinator will be a non-voting member of the Board.
- Before the date of the annual meeting as defined in Article 5, Section 1 of the Bylaws, assist the president and the Nominating Committee with the presentation of the slate of nominees for Club officers to the
- Board for approval and ultimately to the Club for a vote by ballot as prescribed in Article 5, Section 7 of the Bylaws.
- Assist club secretary with additional duties as assigned including, but not limited to, maintaining ClubRunner program, new member application processing and coordination, billing of membership dues, etc.
- Assist all council and committee chairpersons with solicitation and coordination of committee membership, track and report quarterly committee meeting attendance to the secretary, and provide organizational assistance as directed by the president in consultation with the Board.
- Work cooperatively with council and committee members to ensure that any spending is in alignment with the committee’s budget allocation and meets all budget obligations.
- Maintain an official record of all council and committee meeting minutes, job descriptions, procedures, and forms in ClubRunner.
- Assist in strategic planning and process improvement, as requested by the president, Board, or councils and committees.
- Assist with social media and website management
- When necessary, prepare and publish weekly newsletter for mailing and electronic distribution.
- Promote all special events in collaboration with the event chairperson and the Public Relations Committee including scheduling, RSVPs, and budget development and financials including any required licensing and tax filings.
- Work with special events chairpersons to monitor all event activities to ensure that they meet all deadlines.
Managing Club Membership
- Develop and maintain annual budget spreadsheets for the Club and the Foundation.
Support Foundation Goals
- Support the Board, councils, and committees and provide the organizational framework necessary to accomplish stated Club goals consistent with Foundation goals.
- Coordinate Club resources necessary to fulfill Club activities
- Coordinate Foundation activities and ensure communication and budget compliance with any fiduciary obligations.