Request for Proposals
Muskegon Rotary Grape Escape 2019
The Muskegon Rotary Grape Escape Committee is seeking applications from 501 (c) 3 charitable organizations to be our 2019 charitable partner and the beneficiary of $10,000 in funds for direct service programs within Muskegon county that show evidence-based outcomes. Since its inception in 2004, the Grape Escape has raised more than $190,000 for programs that impact our community.
Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria to qualify as our charitable partner:
- Provide documentation as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
- Serve Muskegon County
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to participate in the planning and implementation of the Grape Escape through volunteer involvement, donor support, the implementation of the event, and on an organization level. The beneficiary organization must fulfill the obligations enumerated below to receive the full $10,000. These obligations include:
- Provide a camera-ready agency logo for recognition on all marketing and promotional materials
- Engage the organization’s Board of Directors and volunteers to promote the Grape Escape within their network through silent auction donations, ticket sales, and attendance at the 2019 Grape Escape, Wednesday, October 2, 2019, at the new Delta Hotel by Marriott® (formerly the Holiday Inn) in downtown Muskegon.
- Assign a representative, either employed by the organization or a member of the organization’s Board of Directors, to attend monthly meetings of the Grape Escape Committee. The Committee meets the first Monday of the month from 5:30 – 7:00 pm, location TBA.
- Identify 5 to 10 potential sponsors and provide current mailing addresses for use by the Grape Escape Sponsorship Committee. Grape Escape sponsors donate a minimum of $500 in support of the event.
- The charitable partner representative will also be a member of the Silent Auction Committee and provide two additional members for the Silent Auction committee. The representative and other appointed members will attend monthly Silent Auction Committee meetings on a date to be determined by the committee members.
- The beneficiary organization is responsible for securing half of the items for the Silent Auction and Gift Certificate Raffle (50 items) and 25 bottles of wine for the Wine Cork Pull.
- The beneficiary organization will provide 25 to 30 volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and staffing for the silent auction and raffle tables during the Grape Escape.
- The beneficiary organization will provide a location for Grape Escape ticket sales and sell a minimum of 50 tickets for the 2019 Grape Escape.
- Please note that we ask all volunteers, including Muskegon Rotary members, who will be working during the event, to purchase a ticket to the Grape Escape.
Muskegon Rotary will provide the following:
- All management and organization for the 2019 Grape Escape
- Provide written materials and necessary resources to help the beneficiary organization accomplish its responsibilities.
- All event contracts and all State of Michigan required licensing
- All promotional materials for the 2019 Grape Escape
- Handle and reconcile all cash with the assistance of the 2019 Grape Escape Committee
- Half of the items for the Silent Auction and Gift Certificate Raffle (50 items) and the 25 bottles of wine for the Wine Cork Pull.
- Volunteers and donors for the event through engagement of our 240 + Rotary members
THE FOUR-WAY TEST
Of the things we think, say, or
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
BENEFICIARY ORGANIZATION APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Please complete the two-page application. Page one is a fillable pdf document. Your answers to page two should be submitted on your agency letterhead and use no more than two pages to address the four areas of the narrative portion of the application. Please be sure to include a copy of your IRS Determination letter as proof of your 501(c) 3 status.
Applications should be sent to Ginny Sprague, Charitable Partner Chairperson, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 7:00 pm, Friday, May 31, 2019.
We will notify the successful applicant organization by Wednesday, June 12, 2019 and announce our 2019 Grape Escape Charitable Partner at the Muskegon Rotary Club meeting on Thursday, June 13.
Applicant organizations with ties to the Muskegon Rotary Club will be strongly considered as a form of community engagement that meets our organizational mission to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.